This has been an exciting year for Andrea and me. We are very grateful for all of the special blessings that we have received this year. As we have spent the past year hoping to adopt, we are so thankful for family and friends who have supported us so much. We couldn’t have come this far without you.
Here are some of the highlights from 2015:
- We spent this summer redoing our yard. We now have a brand new sprinkler system and grass! We really enjoyed doing several backyard BBQs with friends and family.
- This summer we also took some time off to spent a week at Lake Powell, Utah with Andrea’s family.
- Andrea completed a special 12-week training at work. She took second place in her class and got to help a lot of new clients with their finances in the process.
- Jake got a promotion at work. Sweet! He also made some great progress with his MBA at BYU. Only one more semester to go!
- We launched our new profile on Adoption.com and attended several adoption conferences and seminars.
- We finished painting the nursery and added a crib and changing table.
2016 is going to be full of so many great adventures!
WE ARE APPROVED!!! That’s right HOME STUDY APPROVED!!! Doesn’t that sound beautiful?! Basically it just means that we can now be chosen to be the adoptive parents of a sweet little baby (or babies).
The thing that we are learning about adoption is that there is a lot of waiting…did I mention A LOT of waiting? The funny thing is that we are only in the beginning. We fill out papers and submit them…then wait…then they request more papers so we fill those out and submit them…then wait… However, we have plenty to do, so in between submitting papers, we can work on our profiles, spend time together, and spend time with family. I am very HAPPY that our home study is officially APPROVED so we can now post on other websites! We started with itsaboutlove.org. There are some things that we need to do to beef up our profile there, but it’s a start, and you can see it at:
We are so excited to almost be finished with the home study process! We’ve done all our part and are just waiting on a couple things to arrive in the mail. We’re grateful for all the time that our case worker Loni from Millcreek Adoption has spent with us helping us get ready. Thanks Loni!